Celebrate National Forklift Safety Day With a Free Forklift Safety Consultation
National Forklift Safety Day is an annual event started by the Industrial Truck Association (ITA) to bring awareness to the preventable forklift accidents that happen every year – mainly due to improper training, lack of information and carelessness. The statistics are scary: Nearly 20,000 workers in the U.S. alone are injured in these accidents every year.
This year, the event is scheduled for June 11 and Madland Toyota-Lift, in conjunction with Toyota Forklifts and other Toyota forklift dealers across the nation – is offering no-cost forklift safety consultations for customers. Forklift safety is an important topic and should be the number one priority of anyone using a forklift or supervising the use of forklifts. Please contact us at 800.836.3745 to schedule your free forklift safety consultation.
What Is Forklift Safety?
OSHA regulates and has specific rules regarding forklift operator training and licensing. Employers must provide forklift training that meets or exceeds OSHA standards for anyone who operates a forklift.
- Operators must be over the age of 18
- Operators must be recertified once every three years
- Businesses must develop and enforce a written program
- Operators cannot be certified through an online course or by watching a video
- Instruction includes lectures, discussions, written materials, demonstrations and exercises
- Operators must receive a thorough evaluation of job performance
- Operators must perform a daily checklist including a vehicle inspection before they begin their shift