The Service Forklift Mechanic is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement, and troubleshooting of most models of Toyota Industrial Equipment and other makes of material handling equipment. Road Service Forklift Mechanics are expected to be able to effectively communicate with customers in explaining the work that will be necessary to repair the customer’s equipment.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics.
- Able to repair or replace major system components, including circuit boards, electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering, transmissions, and engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most lift truck components on IC and electric trucks.
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision.
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner.
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade.
- Operate service van in a clean, safe, and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job.
- Follow all safety procedures in performing work, as well as abide by all company policies.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts.
- Accurately account for the parts and other components used in the course of the repair.
- Proficient in completing the required paperwork to perform all job requirements.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Must own & provide own tools.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery-powered, material-handling equipment
- 2 -3 years of experience working with Electric forklifts, man lifts, stackers, electric carts, and battery charges
- Knowledge of basic electrical and electronic principles
- Knowledge of bolt grade and torque specs
- Modern practices, materials, and tools used in the trade
- Ability to operate grinders, drill presses, air compressors, hoists, cranes, parts cleaning equipment, and modern test equipment
- Ability to work from schematic diagrams, drawings
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations
- Must have a good attendance record
- Good computer skills/tablets
- Must be able to work in a team and follow instructions
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Accuracy – Ability to accurately make and maintain a record of the service work performed, and the parts used in the repair job.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others through the spoken and written word.
- Time Management – Ability to effectively manage time and meet necessary job deadlines
- High School Diploma or GED; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid California Driver License and clean record, must provide
- Forklift Certified
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Three years of related experience
- ASE certification highly recommended
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Environmental exposure-seasonal outdoor temperatures
- Able to squat, kneel, bend & stretch
Hours & Workday:
Monday- Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm, when business requires overtime and weekends
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- 401K match up to 6 %
Wages determined based on experience at time of hire date.
Madland Toyota-Lift is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time